Friday, November 27, 2009

36w1d- Lots&Lotsa stuff.

Oh my. Lots to update on :)

Pregnancy/Baby Stuff
I had gone into L&D on Monday because M wasn't moving. She ended up being fine but I was contracting quite frequently. I really, really, REALLY love my midwives. A few of them make me want to bite the bullet and just do the whole hospital thing- but I can't. Anyways, this particular midwife decided against administering IV fluids and just let me drink drink and drink. My nurse even offered me a sandwich- and juice and some pop. Wow :) Anyways, in the end it didn't really have any effect on the contractions, and my cervix was still shut, thick, etc., so they let me leave.

On Wednesday, 35w6d, I had an appointment with my *favorite* midwife. She is awesome! She doesn't think that baby M will make it to her due date, which my midwives calculate 12/29 (for induction avoidance purposes only! another reason I love them...). She did my GroupBetaStrep test.. yuck. I've got my fingers crossed that it's negative, honestly. I'm taking acidophillus so I'm hoping that that keeps any bacteria at bay. She ALSO tried feeling for m's position. She did an internal to try and feel the head. M sort of un-dropped herself, so it's hard to tell butt from head. We *think* she's head down but she let me schedule an ultrasound for Monday to be sure.

This has all gotten me thinking- when would I be comfortable to birth (as opposed to deliver.. tee hee)? So, I'm kind of trying to figure out if I'd be comfortable at 36wks or not. I started my Evening Primrose Oil internally last night- and from what I noticed, it hasn't been as bad as I've read on forums and the like. I didn't wake up in an oil slick or anything- lol!

N, thxgiving, etc.
Yesterday was thanksgiving, we enjoyed ourselves. we went down to bedford park where my stepdad's brother lives and had dinner with them. my stepdad's brother's mother in law is awesome. she decorates for xmas like crazy- it's so beautiful! Nayeli saw the exterior decorations and was in *love* with them. the music, lights, colors- it was awesome. if it weren't so cold i'd have busted out the camera.
We then went home, and about 8pm-9pm we ate dinner with hubby's family. everything was good :] i just had to go downstairs though.... I was in alot of pain.
My poor hubby had to wake up at 3am (I woke him up at 3:15 though) to go to work. Stupid Black Friday!! He gets off in a few hours so I'm hoping to have the house clean so he can just go to sleep. My poor hubbs!

We've started co-sleeping. It's been 3 nights straight as opposed to every-so-often. N only had to go back to her bed once because the heat was crankin' and her room stays generally cool. She had seriously left a pool of sweat on my pillow! She was much happier in her room. Today though, she slept in, way longer than I. She's a pretty good sleeper too- she loves to cuddle with me. I think that if we continued this after M is born, we'll be fine. We fit 3-accross in our bed and m can go in the sidecarred crib which is just like being in our bed anyways.

I know there was something else to update on but I can't for anythign remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment