Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Aah.. it is wonderful to finally hear birds chirping, squirrels scurrying about.. I sense springtime, as I usually do about a month before the actual equinox or solstice. The vernal equinox isn't until March 20th, so I'm right on schedule.

Today I took M to the post office, I had to mail out some things that I had sold online. I had her wrapped in the Moby with my coat zipped over, so only her little head popped out. I suppose she was quite the sight because people would not.stop.staring! It wasn't terribly cold out, it was around 40 according to my desktop temp thingamabob.

Our morning verse is going over wonderfully with N. She loves to sing the good morning song, but she made up her own version and sings "good morning baby, good morning mama, good morning N, good morning daddy", while I sing. She's adorable :) I'm still looking for a bedtime verse/song and would greatly appreciate some help!

And as for the bit about the toys..
I have no idea why I can't seem to part with N's Melissa and Doug play food. I need the motivation to sell it. I don't want to rid everything.. I'll keep a few pieces that she likes (the milk, the slices of bread, the cheese), but will really need to sell off the rest. Same goes for the wooden blocks we got at Target- they don't get any use anymore. When M is big enough for blocks I'll probably get some more from someone on Etsy, but for now, they're a no-go in our house :(

I'd also *love* to get some playsilks, but I can't make up my mind. I might buy blank silks and dye them with koolaid or actual food for a more natural approach.

Also, a photo :)


The Ikea Leka play gym went over really well with M!


Edited to add: I ended up getting two silks from Syrndell on Etsy.. Hoping the girls will love them! I also found a meal song :)

Earth who gives us all our food
Sun who makes it ripe and good
Dear Earth Dear Sun
Our thanks we give
For this food that helps us live.

No comments:

Post a Comment