Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
I've seriously HAD IT with N's toys. She LOVES (emphasis on "loves") her play food. I make a huge effort not to buy anything plastic. Her play food is wooden, and it is of the Melissa and Doug brand. I'm tremendously unhappy with them.. They were opened up on Christmas Day, 2009. Numerous pieces have nicks in them, paint chipping, etc. N plays with these ALOT. But the quality just isn't there and with the recent Canadian recalls on other M&D products, I'm feeling a bit uneasy. I also have a M&D fish rattle for M, and I'm thinking of nixing that as well. Same goes for the blocks from Target. I guess quality toys can't be found anymore! *sigh* I've just had it with Melissa and Doug toys.
So here I go, off to check out stuff on Etsy.
Does anyone know if fallen branches from the Illinois Forest Preserves are okay to take home? I mean.. from a legal standpoint. I know that the animals are their property because of wildlife conservation issues.. but if a limb has fallen, I would think it is ours for the taking. Going to research this :)
And I really need to work on my knitting skills. I feel way more comfortable with wool play food than wooden play food. Who the heck knows what's in the wood? The US customs fume the crates when the come into the country, and Melissa & Doug toys are Made in China. Same with big-box stores like home depot.. if the wood is imported. If the wood isn't imported, it is still usually pesticide and herbicide laden, but lesser if it is grown in a cold climate. Wool comes from sheep, which graze on pesticide treated pastures. I still feel more comfy with the wool... or better grown wood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment