Thursday, October 22, 2009

31w- A bad, bad case of MAMITIS!

Definition of the day: Mamitis. A Spanish word for condition where a child has an allergy to anyone except for her mother. Read on.

N's part of this blog entry (since she tends to steal the spotlight):
N has a horrible case of mamitis. Seriously. She's basically got an allergy to almost anyone who isn't her mom. You could say that she has a bad case of papitis as well, because when daddy gets here it's all about him. But really! So this has started to lead me back to my orignal thought.. I want a homebirth.

..dun dun dunnn....
and now to..

Megan's part of this blog entry (because I can. muahaha!):
So since N has developed a bad case of mamitis/papitis and I'm sure not going to let daddy away from me during labor... I've decided that my only logical solution is to have that desired homebirth. Okay, so it will cost me 3100 dollars. Eep! Well, hey. If you think about it, I'm NOT vaccinating anyways, not doing "standard procedure", and am signing out against medical advice ANYWAYS.. leaving me to pay my hospital bill and for any follow up care needed.. so.. it's about the same :)

I spoke with the midwife at the practice of my choice (she was actually the only one that called me back. *grumbles..*) and she at first said 3900 and then said 3100. Which was nice :) Theres also like a 60 dollar fee for supplies... but whatevvv... I'll take that. She said she'd want to schedule extra appointments with me since homebirth is so personal and she'd like to get to know me better, etc.etc. Plus- her office is between Trader Joes- what's not to love? Anywho- I'd love this opportunity. LOVE it. Anyone wanna convince my hubby? Maybe I should have a baby shower and take donations towards my homebirth ;] since I have everything I need already. And that's REALLY what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment