Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Indeed, it is. It was in the 80s today! I think that mother nature was playing a cruel April Fool's joke on us and it will surely be a blizzard tomorrow ;)

This week, N started her activities at the park district. She had playgroup on tuesday. She enjoyed the slide, but that was really it. Daddy pushed her around in a wagon for a bit. Today she had playgroup again and they did some watercolor painting which she loved, and they played in a playroom. N actually didn't play in the playroom, she was very into her painting. I'm not too keen on the plastic toy bounty at the park district but if she likes the slide, she likes the slide. Perhaps she'll make a friend.

She also began her gymnastics class this week. She really loved it. It's in an actual gymnastics gym (bars, beams, and the like) and she really enjoyed it! I was thrilled. She started gymnastics at another park last fall and did not enjoy herself.. we dropped the class after two classes. This park is totally different, and she really loves it.

Easter is on its way, and we have decided that we probably won't be celebrating it as Easter. I've been following the blog Frontier Dreams for quite some time. The author, Nicole, celebrates the first day of spring, instead of easter, with the appearnce of the Root Children.. which are characters in a book by Sybille Von Olfers. N adores this story, so I'm adopting Nicole's idea. I also saw her tutorial for wet felted wool spring eggs, so I made some. I'm hoping they're thick enough.. just waiting for them to dry.

N is going to have all sorts of goodies in her Spring eggs & basket (basket will be from us, not the root children), and I'll be sure to fill everyone in when she sees them.

I realize that the equinox has passed, but we're going to celebrate this Sunday anyhow. Next year we'll do it on the real first day of spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment